Apart from the driving skills and the knowledge that is required to operate a commercial vehicle, people who want to obtain a commercial driver’s license must meet certain health and fitness requirements. It is mandated by federal guidelines that all Miami commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation Miami CDL physical exam. The goal of this exam is to evaluate whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely now and in the near future. Meeting the exam requirements allows the medical examiner to certify the DOT commercial driver for up to 2 years. If a health problem is uncovered during the DOT exam, which could become worse in the future, the medical examiner may decide to do periodical evaluations at a greater frequency.
Miami CDL Physical Exam Health Requirements
The basic requirements for passing a DOT Miami CDL physical exam are:.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision. The use of corrective lenses should be noted on the Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- At least 70 degrees peripheral in horizontal meridian measured in each eye.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
To find the Miami CDL physical exam location closest to you, search no further. Dr. Dean Zusmer of Miami Accident Center is a certified medical examiner. Miami Accident Center has offices located throughout South Florida. Contact us today for your DOT Medical Card!
At Miami Accident Center we care about the DOT commercial driver applicants, offering no wait exams by appointment. Miami Accident Center can help you with your Miami CDL physical exam and get you back on the road fast! – Schedule your Miami CDL Physical Exam today!
National Registry Of Certified Medical Examiners #8668616912.
Additional office locations in MiamI-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.