Dr. Dean Zusmer – CDL DOT Physical Exam Miami – Miami Accident Center
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires that all applicants for a commercial driver license successfully complete a physical exam and meet certain physical requirements. At Miami Accident Center, we are certified to complete these examinations. A commercial driver license is required for people who work as semi – truck drivers or operate specific heavy machinery and other commercial vehicles.
Dr. Dean M. Zusmer, Chiropractor Miami is Certified by the National Registry Of Certified Medical Examiners: Registry #8668616912
Obtaining a commercial drivers license in Florida is a crucial first step for anybody that wishes to do long-haul trucking or other commercial driving as a career. Applicants for the commercial drivers license medical card in miami are welcome to contact us at any time with their questions about the commercial driver license (CDL) application medical examination.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Who pays for the DOT Physical Examination? Me, my employer, my insurance?
• There is no set answer here.
• Sometimes the driver pays.
• Some companies will pay for it, some will not. So check with your company because some require that you use their company doctor.
• Some insurance companies treat this exam as preventative health care and will not reimburse for it.
• Sometimes the driver will pay, and may submit the receipt to their insurance for reimbursement, if the insurance will pay.
If I don’t have medical insurance can I still get a DOT physical?
• Yes. You do not need medical insurance to get a DOT Physical.
How much does a DOT physical exam cost without insurance?
• Currently we’ve seen DOT physicals charged anywhere between $50 and $300. The new FMCSA Medical Examination Forms (2016) and reporting system have increased administrative work and time for medical examiners, and costs for the DOT physical exam are rising accordingly.
How long is the DOT medical card good for?
• A DOT medical card is valid for two years if you have no restrictions. A history of high blood pressure, taking high blood pressure medications, a sleep disorder, and taking oral medications for diabetes can restrict the medical card to one year or less, depending on how frequently the condition needs monitoring.
Is there a difference between a DOT physical card and a DOT medical certificate?
• No. These terms are used interchangeably. They are most often referred to as a DOT medical certificate when referring to the DOT medical card, and DOT physical when referring to the DOT physical exam.
The DOT physical examination is necessary because your health is critical to safety as a driver, especially when you consider the size and power of the vehicles you will be operating.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW
Dr. Dean M. Zusmer
Miami Accident Center Main Office Location: 2645 SW 37th Ave, Suite #503 Miami, FL 33133
Additional locations in Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.