The First Step in Your DOT Physical Near Me Preparation is to Meet Your DOT Physical Provider: Dr. Dean Zusmer, DC is a Chiropractor in the Miami and Coral Gables, FL area and is a certified DOT physical provider.
Dr. Dean Zusmer has many office locations throughout Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties. At his offices he provides chiropractic services along with CDL DOT Physical Examinations. Although recommended, no appointment is necessary for your DOT physical. By calling ahead, we offer No-Wait Same-Day DOT physical exams, Same-Day medical cards upon exam completion and provide free valet parking.
DOT Physical Examiner Responsibility
Dr. Zusmer takes his responsibility as a DOT physical examiner very seriously. Additionally, he understands passing the exam is very important for you and your career. As such, Dr. Zusmer provides numerous tips for preparing for – and passing – the DOT physical on his www.drdeanmiami.com website.
Similarly, if you currently have health issues preventing you from becoming a licensed CDL driver, Dr. Zusmer has the experience and expertise to help you improve your health situation as much as possible.
Preparing for the DOT Physical Near Me Exam
Are you currently being treated for one of the health conditions below? If so, as part of your DOT physical near me preparation, you will need to get ready and bring some additional information with you to your physical appointment. It speeds up the process if you know what you need to bring in advance so there are no delays when you come for the exam.
Furthermore, it doesn’t pay to withhold this information to try and pass the exam. Doing so just creates many additional hurdles when the illness(es) is/are discovered. These are obstacles that can significantly delay your CDL medical certification. Thus, it’s better to just go ahead and get the required documentation and bring it with you when you come.
- Diabetes: If you are being treated for diabetes, you need to bring a list of all your current medications and dosage(s). Additionally, you will need to know the name and contact information for your treating physician.
- High Blood Pressure: Just as with diabetes, if you are being treated for high blood pressure, Dr. Zusmer will need the name of your doctor and his/her contact information. He will also need the names of all medications you are taking and their dosage.
- A Previous Heart Condition: If you have previously had a heart attack or heart surgery, you will need to bring with you a copy of your most recent stress test.
- Mental Illness: If you are being treated for a mental illness, in addition to a list of all prescribed medications, you will need medical opinion letter from your doctor. This letter will tell the length of time you have been treated, medications used, and that doctor’s opinion as to your current mental status.
- Other Medications: If there are any medications you are taking for conditions other than the above, you will need to list those as well and bring that list with you. Also include the name of the prescribing physician and contact information on this list.
When You Come for the DOT Physical Near Me Exam
Aside from all of the above, here are some additional reminders to consider for your CDL DOT physical near me appointment:
- If you wear glasses or contacts, wear or bring them for your eye exam
- Again, drink plenty of water the day of the CDL DOT physical as this will help regulate your blood pressure and make it easier to urinate
- Don’t forget any lists of other doctors you see and medications you take, along with their dosage
- Try to relax and Dr. Zusmer and his team will do everything within their power to help!
Contact Dr. Dean Zusmer, DC today to set up your DOT Physical Near Me Exam at any of our locations!
National Registry Of Certified Medical Examiners #8668616912.
Additional locations throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.